The Lady Chapel
The screen between the chancel and the Lady Chapel was carved in 1897 at the Rectory by volunteers who included local landowners, miners and carpenters as well as the Rector. It was originally placed between the chancel and the nave.
The Lady Chapel was a chantry chapel in the Middle Ages. The priest’s door in the south wall would have given access for a priest to pray for the souls of the benefactors of the chapel.
The alabaster figures of the knight and lady are thought to be Bosvilles and date from around 1400. There are World War 1 and 2 memorials on the walls alongside. The window is from 1900 in memory of the Taylor family